ICICI Bank announced that it has integrated its AI-powered chatbot, ‘iPal’, with the major voice assistant apps Amazon’s Alexa and Google Assistant.
ICICI bank offers to its retail banking customers an uninterrupted banking experience, offers voice banking via Alexa and Google Assistant, to help users to check their account balance, credit card details, and to explore banking products and services. Voice banking facilities would be available 24×7.
The announcement of voice-based banking service comes close on the heels of advanced digital initiatives undertaken by the Bank namely, chat-based banking services on WhatsApp and ‘ICICIStack’, a set of digital banking and APIs, to ensure uninterrupted banking experience to customers.
‘ICICIStack’ gives almost 500 banking-related services like digital account opening, loan solutions, payment solutions, investments, and care solutions to its customers.
To avail ICICI bank’s voice banking service in your Alexa/ Google Assistance, customers need to link their ICICI Bank saving account through a secure two-factor authentication process. Customers can then speak out their query to Alexa / Google Assistant enabled apps to check their account balance and credit card details, including the due date, due amount, and last five transactions.
following steps will help ICICI bank customers to start Voice banking facilities on Alexa and Google Assistant
- First, download Amazon’s Alexa or Google Assistant app and link it with your ICICI bank saving account via two–factor authentication process.
- Now open Alexa or Google Assistant
- if the customer is using Alexa, the go to Skills & Games option – your skills – ICICI Bank iPal – settings – Link Account.
- If the customer is using Google Assistant then go to Explore in Google Assistant app – Search for action ICICI Bank iPal – Link.
- Then customer will be redirected to chatbot.icicibank.com
- Here the customer will have to enter ICICI bank registered mobile number and re-verify OTP.
- Now the customer has to set a 6 digit MPIN which will be used for transaction verification.
- In last, complete the debit card grid authentication mentioned at the backside of the card.
Ask questions: successfully integrated users can now ask questions by just saying, “Alexa, Ask ICICI to tell my credit card due amount?” or “Alexa, Ask ICICI to check my account balance?”. Following this, an SMS will be sent to the Bank registered mobile number of the customer with the response to their voice questions. Customers can also ask product and service-related questions.
As an example, If the customer asks, “Alexa, what is my account balance?”. Then, the Bank will send the message confidentially and securely via an SMS to the customer’s registered mobile number.
Customers can also ask questions related to the Bank’s products and services, which ‘iPal’ will read out loud through the Alexa / Google Assistant-enabled apps.
To Know more, visit: http://www.icicibank.com/ipal
Also Read: Past, Present, and Omnichannel Based Future of Banking
Also Read: Chatbot in the banking sector: Benefits and Limitations
Also Read: Top 5 Technology Trends in Banking Sector to Look Out For