An enterprise cloud computing firm Nutanix, and Wipro, jointly launched Wipro’s Digital Database Services (DDS) powered by Nutanix Era and Nutanix HCI software. The solution will allow enterprises to manage databases more efficiently.
As the data landscape shifts, organizations receive continuous demand for innovation resulting in a strain on its IT departments.
With legacy infrastructures, databases can be one of the components that hinders time to value and linear scalability, preventing rapid scaling of operations such as transaction processing in which businesses can lose valuable transactions or insights that directly impact their revenue or decision making abilities.
Wipro’s Digital Database Services (DDS), built on Nutanix solutions for Databases including Nutanix HCI software and Nutanix Era, enables enterprises and users to provision and operate databases just-in-time, without prior information of hardware, database software and associated configurations. The result is accelerated application release time, allowing database managers to focus on new things and innovation instead.
The DDS offering from Wipro, powered by Nutanix, empowers clients to strengthen their database workloads onto a shared infrastructure to handle database sprawl. It drives effectively, agility, cost-effectiveness, and scalability across the enterprise by automating and simplifying database administration.
Following are the additional benefits of Wipro’s Digital Database Services (DDS).
- Cost-Effective: Acquisition and operating costs of database, consolidation, and effective utilization of resources (control sprawl, better lifecycle management), better use of database manager’s time by letting them focus on innovations and optimizations.
- Rapid provisioning: Delivery of services in moments as compared to days; business lines, database managers, or non-IT users can consume services through a self-service portal, minimizing overall time.
- Innovative Cost: The as-a-service model makes cost predictable and easily dispersed to business units, ensuring service quality and customer experiences.
- Reusability: Wipro’s Digital Database Services integrates with other third-party cloud management platforms and orchestration tools to help reuse existing investment.
- Supportability: Support for multiple database technologies and versions.
- Automation: Enabling higher productivity and faster change delivery with better quality and predictability.