Increasing use of digital channels, such as online chat, social media, and mobile apps, for customer service has made it easier for customers to reach out to companies, get help, and share feedback. The importance of customer experience is evolving, and it is becoming even more important.
Zendesk’s report shows that customers expect more from the brands they do business with, and a vast majority of them (80%) say their customer service standards have increased over the past year.
Customers expect to be treated as individuals, with experiences tailored to their preferences and needs. This requires companies to have a deep understanding of their customers and to be able to use data and technology to deliver personalized experiences.
Additionally, customers increasingly value transparency and authenticity in their interactions with brands.
Adrian McDermott, Chief Technology Officer at Zendesk, said “Customers have high expectations, less patience and more options when it comes to who they do business with.”
This year, our CX Trends shows that this shift in behavior has prompted leaders to invest in technology that creates an immersive yet seamless experience. These new customer service standards are critical to boosting customer acquisition, loyalty, and profitability.” he added.
Companies are investing more in technology like – chatbots, mobile apps, and data analytics tools to enhance the customer experience as they recognize its importance in driving business growth.
92% of business leaders in India believe that the optimal customer experience is immersive and integrates naturally into what customers are doing.
Below are key findings from Zendesk’s CX Trends 2023 (India-specific) report.
- 96% of Indian businesses say customer experience will have a positive impact on customer acquisition over the next 12 months.
- 93% of business leaders are interested in understanding how customer conversations will be at the center of all customer experiences.
- 89% of business leaders want to understand how businesses can unlock revenue through customer experience operational efficiencies.
- 100% of manufacturers in India plan to increase their customer experience budgets between 10% to over 25% over the next 12 months.
- 91% of Indian retailers plan to increase their customer experience budgets by over 25% over the next 12 months.
- 75% of financial services organizations plan to increase their customer experience budgets by 10-25% over the next 12 months.
- 97% of Indian business leaders say that customer experience will positively impact cross-sell revenues.
- 93% of businesses say the volume of their customer service requests has increased over the past 12 months.
- And 92% of businesses expect customer support requests to increase over the next 12 months.
- 69% of Indian business leaders say their organizations are among the first to adopt new technologies.
- 87% of business leaders say they are interested in tailoring customer experiences to align with their mindset.
- 96% of Indian organizations agree that providing great employee experience is a much more important priority over the next 12 months.
- 74% of organizations say adding digital channels like chat/messaging for internal support is very much a critical priority over the next 12 months.
- 72% of business leaders strongly agree that offering great employee experience is key to retaining and attracting new talent.
The evolution of customer experience is about being more connected, personalized, transparent, and authentic. Creating a better overall CX can lead to increased customer satisfaction and loyalty and, ultimately, higher revenue for the company.
Also Read: Axis Bank doubles down on cloud-based digital banking solutions